Sunday, January 24, 2021

Back into the AG World





 It has been a long time that I have been away from the world of American Girl, but now that my cousin is 6 and has been spending Friday-Monday with my family for the past year we are diving back in. She has had an American Girl at her house for a little over 6 months and she had shown interest in my dolls since she started  staying over October 2019. Before investing in AG for her we wanted to make sure she could be responsible and would keep interest in them long enough to make it worth it. 


This Christmas we planned on getting her 1 doll (used) but she ended up getting 2! My sister was able to find a Logan doll at TJMAXX with no price tag and the manager gave it to her for $19.99. In November, I was at Once Upon A Child and they had Tenney for $40. She came in a Truly Me outfit but Brielle would not care what she came in. Her hair was in pretty good shape compared to some of the dolls we find at those stores. We also bought a bunch of accessories both AG and not. The big items she got were the skateboard ramp set and gymnastics set. The gymnastics set was used but the skateboard set was new from TJMAXX and it was marked down from $69 to $30! (I got one for Christmas this year but they paid full price.) my sister also found a cat and book set at TJMAXX that she bought for both of us. 


This weekend we went a little AG crazy and bought her several items to keep hidden till a holiday or earning it for good behavior. We found the AG Xbox set for $18, AG snowboard with jacket and boots for $15, Isabell doll for $25, sleeping bag and skateboard for $5, and hula hoop for $1.50. We bought and gave her this weekend the Walmart play set which came with a shopping cart, basket, reusable bag, employee vest, produce scale, and shelf. We liked that William (our foster brother) would enjoying playing with it too. Since she likes to be tucked in at night, we bought some more recent release books to read to her slowly each night. She picked Tenney first, so Chapter 1 was read tonight. I forgot how long it takes for me to read out loud versus to myself. 

I splurged too and bought a BeForever Samantha $35, Marie-Grace $35, Kaylie’s surf set $20, and Emily’s PJ’s $6.50 (I cant remember if I have them). Also, I got a Wellie Wisher outfit, but we don’t have one yet but it was only $3.50 and we are wanting to get our younger cousin one soon. Marie-Grace is going to need to go to the doll hospital, but because you can’t buy her anymore I thought that it was a pretty good deal.

American Girl has been a hard one to leave behind, but I like that I can share my love for the brand with my little cousin. 

No comments: