Saturday, November 13, 2010

Meeting Jacqueline Dembar Greene










Today I was able to go to American Girl and meet Jacqueline Dembar Greene the author of the Rebecca series, it was from 2-4pm in Dallas. I went with my mom and since i do not have Rebecca i brought Lanie with me. Since i did not have any of her books we went to two Half Price Books to see if they had any but they did not so i actually had to buy an American Girl book for full price at the store. Jacqueline Dembar Greene was very nice and reminded me of a sweet grandmother was was different about getting to meet her was that on the table she had some items that could be found in the Rebecca books like the cupid doll and doily. I also had her sign my poster of Rebecca that i had brought from home, but since they were passing them out i also grabbed an extra one.

A few weeks back my siblings all got something and i did not so my mom said that i could get an American Girl Magazine the next time i could find one so she also let me get that.

What was neat is that they decorated the trees with letters that girls had written to them which goes with the theme of the catalogs and web store as well.

No comments: