Saturday, September 15, 2012

America Girl Houston

Welcome to American Girl Houston!
Me getting microphone up!

American Girl gave out the Oodles of Stars book to everyone!
All smiles in the morning!
Getting prepared for the interview.

Wade and I with the dolls.

Girls were taking pictures with all my dolls while they were set up at the fireplace.










They were packed!


The shirt I got.
I love these purple shirt!
The outfit I got.

My sister was shocked to see that she had a hair net on.
Meet my 22nd doll!

They are goofy girls... but I love them!
I love the smell of new American Girl doll hair!
I thought this was cool.
These are too cute!
I love this light fixture!
The Bistro is a lot smaller then I thought it was going to be.

This is the party room at the Bistro.
She is also from the corporate office and has a picture of the girls that were in front of us at the Dallas grand opening in the office. She was very helpful all day!
I love all the floral arrangements that they had.


Jean McKenzie and Wade from the corporate office. Jean is the new president of American Girl. She also passed out the free book that they gave to everyone when they walked in.  
Luckily we did not have to wait in line since I got interviewed :)

I thought I would have more time to get my dolls ready like I did for the Dallas opening but I did not so I had to hurry and get them look good for their big day!

I love that you can see the store behind the fireplace. 

All smiles at 7:45am!








The Mattel camera crew filmed the dolls looking in to the store.



Ribbon cutting by the first girls in line, the new president of American Girl, and the family of the CEO of Children's Hospital.


Maddie getting her free cookies
My sisters loved the free cookie! They also gave away chicken from Chick-fa-la in the afternoon.
The free craft that they had all day outside of American Girl.

 They gave away Caroline.
.
 Ashleigh and Maddie entering for Caroline.



Wow! What a day! I just got back to Dallas from Houston about 15 minutes ago. Overall today was AMAZING and now I have to change my Title because I have 22 dolls now!!!!

1:20pm- We left to Houston
5:05am- Arrived at American Girl and waited by both doors, the mall doors and the revolving door to American Girl
5:30am- The security guards open the doors to the mall  and we have to wait in line to get a ticket to tell us what group we will be in. We were the first ones of the day but the day before they handed out 1300 already.
6:30am- other mothers and daughters got in line with us
7:00am- Workers from American Girl hand out tickets to those in line. All of us got group 14. At this time we were worried that we were not going to go into American Girl till around noon.
7:45am- Meet Penny the Manager of the American Girl store out in the parking lot.
8:30am- American Girl starts setting up for the ribbon cutting ceremony.
9:00am- The ribbon is cut and American Girl is officially open!
9:30am- I got interviewed by American Girl inside the store. I had a microphone and my name was on the slate.I was asked several questions like "Why do you like American Girl?" "What I want to be when I grow up?" "How many dolls do I have?" and "Have you read all the American Girl books?" The director also asked my sisters some questions since they were standing to the side.
10:30am- I bought Caroline
12:00pm- Eat lunch at Chick-fa-la
12:30pm- Leave Memorial City Mall
4:00pm- Arrive back home in Dallas


5 comments:

Annie said...

I saw you there on saturday and was telling my friend that I read your blog

agdanceprincess1993 said...

That's really cool! You should have said "Hi"! I would of loved to meet you! Did you have have Saturday?

Annie said...

you were having pictures taken with your dolls at the fireplace while we were in line for the balloons.... yea we were there Satuday from 8:30 til 12:30

Shelly said...

Hi there! I just found your blog after researching the Houston store. I'm planning to take my daughter to an AG store for the first time later this fall for her bday surprise. We are equally close to Dallas & Houston. Since you have been to both, do you have a favorite store location? Thanks!

agdanceprincess1993 said...

I personally like the Dallas store better because it is bigger and there is more distinction in the different types of dolls. At the Dallas store when you walk in the left side is all historical and the right is My American Girl ect. When I went to the Houston store I did not feel that distinction as much. Also if you are eating at the Bistro I think that the Dallas Bistro is bigger. Houston does have a creative tees section that Dallas does not have where girls can get shirts to match their dolls by iron-on. The mall that the Houston store is located in is really cool too, I got to the Dallas mall all the time so its not new to me. Hope this helps a little!