Saturday, September 22, 2012

American Girl Dallas Grand Opening 2007

Before the store had a front!
 I loved seeing it being built... not many girl can say they have done that!





 This was before the grand opening. I stopped by after ballet class and saw people in there.






 The line was long to get into the store.


 They had crafts all day for girls to do. My brother was not too happy to be there.  :)

 Maddie and I with my dolls when we went back to the store that night.


 All 10 of my dolls... and I thought that was a lot!






 The pizza was my favorite item in the Bistro... I was sad when they took it off the menu.





The designers of the American Girl store
 Camping out for the night
 Almost time to go in!!!
 Above is the BIG scissors they used for the ribbon cutting and below is my sisters and I with Wade.
 My 10th doll!!!

 I love crafts!
3ft long banana split


I realized that I did not start this blog till after the American Girl Dallas Boutique and Bistro opened. I have mentioned it before, and since I just went to the Houston grand opening I thought it would be a good time to post some of the pictures from November 2007.

For the grand opening we arrived at the store at midnight, and were the second family in line. Since it was November it was quite cold! The designers of the store were staying at The Westin and saw us inline so they came by and talked to us which was really cool! One of my friends also came with us and she has Elizabeth which she brought.

That day I spent all the money I saved babysitting that summer! I bought all of Nicki's collection, Molly's glasses, the purple pic for Nicki's hair, the santa's helper outfit, the black velvet coat, and before the grand opening I bought the Dallas shirt for me and my dolls. My sister also bought the Dallas shirt for herself. I am pretty for sure I bought more I just cant remember!

We also met Wade for the first time... I cant remember his job title but I know he works for American Girl in their head office.

Later that night we came back with some friends of ours after we got some sleep back home. Those are the pictures when I have the pink sweatshirt on.

About a week before it officially opened they had a "soft opening". It was where they were open but did not announce it. One night after ballet class we stopped by and saw people in there and it looked like they were shopping so we went in and looked around! This was so exciting!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is awesome!!!! i wish i coulve gone but i live in new york city!! i luuv ur blog so far!! i invite u to visit my blog: www.aglover98.blogspot.com!! it is about AG dolls, barbie dolls, moxie dolls, and just about dolls and their "lives"! Hope u like it and follow it!!

Laura Ashley said...

I love this place! I live about an hour from i. I'm giving away an AG book at my blog here:http://lac998.blogspot.com/2012/09/secrets-in-hills-review-and-giveaway.html

Unknown said...

Your trip looked really fun thanks for sharing! I wish I lived close to AG store!
Also- congrats on your site spotlight on Doll Diaries!